The C2M Course
The C2M course is sponsored by the Energy Institute at Haas and is part of the Haas Applied Innovation Initiative.
Graduate students from Business, Engineering, Science, Law, Policy, and the Energy and Resources Group may apply. Students work on 4-6 person teams and produce two key deliverables.
1. Market Research Report: Students explore topics such as:
- Potential application in multiple markets
- Alignment with target or desired market(s)
- Distinguishing advantages and disadvantages
- Customer and user profiles
- Top competitors
- Commercialization and scale-up challenges
- Relevant government policies
- Revenue potential and cost sensitivities
- Intellectual property issues
- Business and licensing models
- Possible venture, industry or research partners
2. Public Symposium: At the end of the semester, students present their findings to a professional audience.
Interested? Learn more about C2M:
C2M Student Testimonials:
- "Tremendous learning, amazing professors, incredible network. This class was one of the reasons I decided to go to Haas and it lived up to its expectations."
- "This class has given me access to clean energy. It helped me make the transitions MBAs are always trying to make."
- "If you're a science or engineering Ph.D. thinking about options outside of research and are interested in cleantech and business, you can't NOT apply for this course."
- "One of the best reasons to attend Berkeley."
- "Fantastic experience and learning opportunity."
- "Very remarkable real-world applicability."